Are you new to blogging? Trying to figure out how to get traffic without spending money? I’m sure you’ve seen ads, and posts about paying to promote your content to gain traffic. What if I told you you could have 150k views/ impressions in under 3 months? I bet you think I’m Krazy don’t you? Maybe just a little.. Well my friends, todays your lucky day! I’m about to tell you all my secrets! Unless your willing to spend a ton of money, or pretty famous, chances are your not going to go viral over night. Keep reading to see how I did it!
My Current Stats
Now I just started blogging in July of 2018. It’s now September 25.
Twitter Followers: 790
Twitter Impressions: 147k
Blog Views: 1,219
Blog Followers: 103
Pinterest Viewers: 5.5k
I’ve achieved these statistics in a little under 3 months. I haven’t spent a single penny to get here. My Blog is over at Krazymommy18.com. Are you ready to hear my secrets? Here we go!
First things first, start creating content. Start brainstorming ideas for things you’d like to write about. Now pick one from your list that your most confident about. Don’t rush, take your time, and really focus on the topic your writing about. Don’t be so quick to hit that publish button. Read and re-read your post. Make sure to correct any grammatical errors, and don’t be afraid to switch things around. You can add images to make your posts more appealing. Play around with different fonts and backgrounds. Put your writing skills to the test and have fun!
Using Social Media to Promote content.
Now that you’ve created your content, your going to need a way to share it with people! Create social media accounts for your blog. Try to use the same names, and photos to make it easier for your followers to recognize you! My two favorite social media sites to use are Pinterest and Twitter .
Twitter: now that you’ve created your twitter account, start looking for people to follow. Search for similar interests and hashtags. Twitter will usually recommend people based on similarities and number of followers. You should really focus on this, having Followers is a key component.
- Make sure your tweeting daily. Don’t overwhelm your followers, so make your tweets count!
- If you see something you can relate to like it! Retweet it! Comment on it! You can’t expect people to like your posts if your not liking theirs! If people see you doing this they’re more likely to follow you and like your posts.
- Engage with your followers! Comment on posts. Be funny. Let people know that your interested! Like and retweet. When you get new followers check out their tweets! When your engaging with your followers daily you’ll start to see your views and followers increase. Add people that you see commenting regularly.
- Follow Blog Share Threads to find other bloggers and share your links with them. If there’s a Blog Follow Thread; like it, retweet it, and follow others! You’ll gain new followers, send traffic to your blog, and maybe even find some new friends!
Pinterest: this is a great way to share your content. There are millions of people on Pinterest . Not only is it a great way to share content, but it’s a great way to find content.
- It’s also a search engine, anything your looking for you can most likely find it on Pinterest.
- Re-pin like Krazy. If you want to get your content seen, you can’t just post it once and think it’s going to take care of itself. Re-pin your content with different captions, maybe a different photo, or onto a new board. Also re-pin other peoples content.
- Create Boards. Boards organize your content into categories and makes it easier for people to find. Re-pin content to your boards.
- Make it Stand Out. Take a photo to catch people’s eye. Add a caption. Use hashtags for easier searches. Make a great description!
- Pin Daily. You don’t have to create your own content all day everyday, but you can re-pin others posts. I recommend pinning at least 5-10 times everyday. Be sure not to overwhelm your followers, make your posts count!
Well that’s just about all I’ve got! The best followers, are organic followers. These are people that actually enjoy your content. Those are the people that are going to share and engage with your content! Paid followers are just numbers. They don’t genuinely care about your content. Blogs don’t become famous overnight. These things take time, effort, and patience. Just take your time, and have fun!
Have any other tips? Share them below!
Thank you for reading