Alright my friends, it’s that time of year again! The leaves are changing, it’s getting colder, days are getting shorter. Here’s a great slow cooker recipe that you can prepare at night, start it in the morning and by 6:00 dinners ready and you don’t have to do anything. Except eat of course! Keep reading for an awesome, old Fashioned, Beef Stew recipe.
- 2lbs Beef Stew Meat
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 6 Potatoes, diced
- 3 Stalks Celery, chopped
- 3 cups Carrots, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 Cups Vegetable juice
- 2 Tbsp Beef Bouillon Granules
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Once all your vegetables are chopped and ready, heat oil in skillet over med-high heat. Cook Beef 4-6 min until browned on all sides.
- Mix all ingredients in large Crockpot. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover. Cook on Low heat for 9-10 Hours.
There you go! A deliciously hearty meal. This serves roughly 12-15.
*To store in freezer:
- Let cool. Place into ziplock freezer bag.
- Lay flat inside freezer.
- Good for up to 30 days in the freezer.
To serve: let thaw in fridge overnight. Heat over stovetop.